Declaration of Principles of the United Metaphysical Churches
as adopted October 2006
- We believe in God as Infinite Intelligence.
- We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute a true religion.
- We believe in personal responsibility and that we create our own happiness or unhappiness as we live in harmony or discord with natural physical and spiritual laws.
- We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after leaving the physical world.
- We affirm that communication with Spirit is a natural experience & is demonstrated through mediumship.
- We affirm that examples of prophecy and healing contained in the Bible and other sacred texts are divine attributes found in all people.
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is always open to any soul here or hereafter.