top of page

Our Chapel

The Arlington Metaphysical Chapel, or “AMC,” was founded in 1981 by Rev. F. Reed Brown as a result of a study group held at Rev. Brown’s home on Military Road. The church building was originally the Bon Air Baptist Church. In 1949 it was sold to the Odd Fellows Lodge which then sold the building to the AMC Congregation.The building was restored to its original interior design, removing dropped ceilings, restoring the chandelier ceiling in the main sanctuary, as well as adding central air conditioning and lighting. A Rogers 834 Organ and Model B Steinway Grand Piano were purchased to aid in the ministry of music. In subsequent years the homes on both sides of the Chapel were purchased for various uses such as Sunday School classrooms, choir room and offices. Stained glass windows were donated by Mrs. Helen Saul and Rev. Pearl Kerwin.The first carpet came out of the old Arlington County Courthouse and served well for a number of years. Parquet floors and new carpet were then installed a few years later. 

AMC ink.png
bottom of page